St. James Anglican Church in Kentville hosted the annual Longest Night concert Dec. 21. Celtic harpists Ardyth and Jennifer performed. - John DeCoste, www.kingscountynews.ca
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Bottle Drive – held by the Central Kings Band Trip, 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., based at Foodland Coldbrook and knocking on doors throughout the community.
Concert - Annapolis Valley Bluegrass & Old Time Music Association presents Mountain Fever, Ron Deadder & Friends and Good Ole Boys at Berwick Lions Hall, 1:30-9 p.m. $5.
• Crib Tournament - Forties Community Centre, New Ross. Doors open noon, registration 12:30 p.m., play 1 p.m. $20 per team. Info: 689-2147. Canteen available
• Meeting - Wolfville & Area Newcomer’s Club,
7 p.m., at the Wolfville Farmers’ Market Building.
Doors open 7 p.m., meeting 7:30 p.m. Speaker Mark Tipperman on Fracking in Kings County
• Coffee Party – held by Kentville & Area Women’s Connection, 9:30 a.m., at the Berwick Lions Club Hall, $8. Featuring Atlantic Healing Hemp, speaker Beth Havell, music by Brenda Downey and Eugene Rafuse. Contact Barb 678-0466 before Jan. 5 for reservations
• Jam session - at the North Alton Hall, 7-10 p.m. Door prizes, 50/50, lunch. Donation at the door.
• Country Breakfast - Greenwich Fire Hall,
8-10 a.m. Freewill Donation, Proceeds going to the Black River Community Hall Rebuilding Fund
• Variety Show - Forties Community Centre
1787 Forties Road, New Ross. 1:30-4 p.m., $5 Canteen/information, call 689-2000 or 689-2612
• Meeting – of the Valley Gardeners Club, 7:30 p.m., in room 2101 at the Kingstec Campus of NSCC in Kentville. There will be an in-house panel. Topic: Common garden questions. All are welcome to attend.
• Roast Beef Luncheon –noon-1 p.m., Kingston Lions Hall. Cost is $8 at the door or $8.50 delivered. Deliveries must be ordered by 10:30 a.m. on the 14th. Phone 765-2128 email email@example.com