Donna Holmes of Wolfville has been a busy musician of late. She performed twice last week at the farmers' market in Wolfville and hosted a benefit concert on Dec. 20. She has an open mic session planned for Dec. 24 at 1 p.m. at the Just Us Café in Wolfville. – Wendy Elliott, www.kingscountynews.ca
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Service - Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, “Can It Be True,” 6:30 p.m. Bethany Memorial Baptist Church, 539 Aldershot Road.
• Service - Christmas Eve Candlelight Service at Wolfville Ridge Baptist Church, 7 p.m.
• Breakfast - Kingston Lions Christmas Eve Breakfast, 6:30-10 a.m., at the Lions Hall
• Service - Christmas Eve Service at the Covenanter Church, Grand Pré, 11 p.m.
• Service - at The Forest Hill Baptist Church, 6:30 p.m.
• Service -at New Beginnings in Greenwood, 7 p.m., special music, drama, Scripture readings and the lighting of candles.
• Service - candlelight service will be held at Waterville Baptist Church, 1243 Mill St., Waterville, at 6:30 p.m.
• Service - candlelight Service, 6:30 p.m., Canning United Baptist Church, everyone welcome. For more info: 582-3227
• Christmas Dinner - Lions' hall, 36 Elm Ave., Wolfville at 5 p.m. Dairy and gluten free, free range turkey, vegan menu, locally-sourced ingredients. Freewill donation. Reservations: 542-5511, email@example.com
• New Year's Eve Dance - 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Royal Canadian Legion, Canning. Tickets $30/couple, music by Bev Sheffield, with light lunch at midnight. Tickets: 582-7246 after 4 p.m. daily. Limited number being sold, book early.
• Wolfville Legion - New Year’s Eve, light snacks, tea and coffee and bar available. Tickets $8 single or $15 per couple.
• Kentville Lions - New Year’s Eve Dance, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., at the Lions Hall, River Street. $10 per person or $15 a couple. Ticket info: 679-2367
• Berwick Legion - News Years Dance, Berwick Legion, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. The Ruth Manning Band,
$25 per person, includes the Levee next day, 2-4 p.m. Meal served at 8:30 p.m.
Concert - Annapolis Valley Bluegrass & Old Time Music Association presents Mountain Fever, Ron Deadder & Friends and Good Ole Boys at Berwick Lions Hall, 1:30-9 p.m. $5.
• Crib Tournament - Forties Community Centre, New Ross. Doors open noon, registration 12:30 p.m., play 1 p.m. $20 per team. Info: 689-2147. Canteen available
• Meeting - Wolfville & Area Newcomer’s Club,
7 p.m., at the Wolfville Farmers’ Market Building.
Doors open 7 p.m., meeting 7:30 p.m. Speaker Mark Tipperman on Fracking in Kings County