Local kids throw teddy bears – and other stuffed animals – onto the ice at the Kentville Arena Dec. 14 at the Valley Wildcats game. The event was a fundraiser organized by the Junior A team as a fundraiser for a local children’s charity. - Submitted
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to email@example.com; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
Singing for our Supper - evening of Christmas music and stories at the Manning Memorial Chapel (Acadia), 7 p.m. Freewill donation for the Wolfville Community Christmas Dinner and the Canadian Red Cross to help typhoon victims in the Philippines. Info: Donna, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Breakfast - Coldbrook Lions, all you can eat, 8-11 a.m. Adults, $5; children ages three to 12, $3; children under two, free.
• Christmas Lights Walk - Valley Trekkers. Meet at Kentville parking lot across from county building (former train station.) 5:30 p.m. Walk begins at 6. Dress warmly. 10-kilometre walk. Prize for most “seasonally dressed.” Info: Beth Moore, 678-5609.
• Ho Ho Ho Show - Bob and Bryen's Christmas Ho Ho Ho show at 8 p.m. in the upper performance theatre at Centrestage. Call 678-8040 to make reservations, $20 per person.
• Breakfast - Wolfville and District Lions, 7-10 a.m. at the Lions Hall, Elm Avenue, Wolfville. Adults $6, $3 10 years and under. Proceeds for community projects.
• Longest Night - Celtic Harpists Ardyth and Jennifer, storyteller Rev. Lynn Uzans, 7:30 p.m. at St. James Anglican Church, Prospect Avenue, Kentville. Tickets at the door $10.
• Breakfast – 8-10 a.m., at St. James' Anglican Church Hall, Kentville. Craft table on site. Minimum donation $6.
• The Gentlemen’s Chorus - Christmas concert and carol sing, 3-5 p.m. in the Al Whittle Theatre, Wolfville. Tickets are $5 plus food bank item. Proceeds to the International Grenfell Association of Labrador & northern Newfoundland in memory of Dr. Ian Tuton. Tickets from members, Box of Delights or at the door.
• Concert – 7 p.m., Black Rock Baptist Church band Christmas concert, sponsered by some members of Central Kings Band.
• Candlelight Service - Kentville Christian Reformed Church, Oakdene Avenue. 6:30 p.m. Refreshments served.
• Christmas Cantata - 6:30 p.m., the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 440 Belcher St., Kentville. Free admission.
• Christmas Candlelight Service - 3 p.m., at the Stoney Hill Baptist Church, Lockhartville. Refreshments to follow.
• Service - Christmas Eve Candlelight Service, “Can It Be True,” 6:30 p.m. Bethany Memorial Baptist Church, 539 Aldershot Road.
• Service - Christmas Eve Candlelight Service at Wolfville Ridge Baptist Church, 7 p.m.
• Breakfast - Kingston Lions Christmas Eve Breakfast, 6:30-10 a.m., at the Lions Hall
• Service - Christmas Eve Service at the Covenanter Church, Grand Pre, 11 p.m.
• Christmas Dinner - Lions' hall, 36 Elm Ave., Wolfville at 5 p.m. Dairy and gluten free, free range turkey, vegan menu, locally-sourced ingredients. Freewill donation. Reservations: 542-5511, email@example.com
• New Year's Eve Dance - 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Royal Canadian Legion, Canning. Tickets $30/couple, music by Bev Sheffield, with light lunch at midnight. Tickets: 582-7246 after 4 p.m. daily. Limited number being sold, book early.
• Wolfville Legion - New Year’s Eve, light snacks, tea and coffee and bar available. Tickets $8 single or $15 per couple.