Santa Claus put in an appearance at the annual Christmas party hosted by New Visions Home for Special Care in Berwick. The Dec. 3 event was a family affair, bringing together residents, staff and their families for an evening of Christmas music, treats and celebration. - Nancy Kelly, www.kingscountynews.ca
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Meeting - Valley Women’s Business Network annual meeting. Stems Café, Blomidon Nurseries, Greenwich. 8 to 10 a.m. Please bring food bank donation.
• Jam Session - at the North Alton Hall, 7-10 p.m. Door prizes, 50/50, lunch. Donation at the door.
• Christmas Concert – Pine Ridge Middle School, 625 Pine Ridge Ave., Kingston. 7 p.m. Featuring bands and choir. Freewill admission. Info: 765-7570
• Christmas Tree Lighting - Morristown Community Centre. LED light exchange 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Potluck supper 6 to 7 p.m. Tree lighting 7 p.m.
• The Best Christmas Pageant Ever - by Barbara Robinson, plays Saturday at 7p.m. and on Sunday 2 and 7 p.m. at the Port Williams United Baptist Church. Open to the public, freewill donation. Show appropriate for ages 5 and older.
• Kentville Legion Breakfast - 7:30-10 a.m., Adults $5, children 12 and under $3.
• Christmas Tea and Sale - 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Forest Hill Baptist Church. $5. Proceeds for church purposes.
• All Saint’s Anglican Church Breakfast – 8-10 a.m. at the church hall, Pleasant Street, Kingston. $7.
• Breakfast - at the Aylesford United Church, 8-11 a.m., Freewill offering.
• Breakfast – 8-10:30 a.m., at the Masonic Hall, Mill Street, Berwick. Adults $6, children $3. Now wheelchair accessible.
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9:30 p.m. $6 per person 19 years and older. Music by Rte 12. New Years tickets available soon at the bar.
• Christmas Miracle - Last day to apply for gifts for children through Kinsmen and Kinette Christmas Miracle. For ages two to 12. MSI health cards with children’s names required as proof of age.Apply in Kinsmen Room, basement level of Kentville Rec Centre.
• Musical Gift - for the Upper Room Food Bank, at the Kingston Lions Hall, 2 p.m. Freewill offering at the door, silent auction, canteen, 50/50 and music by Sonlight, Hughie McDonnell, Gina Potvin and Left of Center. For more: 765-2128 or klionsclub@gmailcom
• Breakfast with Santa – 8-11 a.m., Forties Community Centre. Adults $7, under 12 $4,
under 5 $3. Santa will be here.
• Christmas Program – by the Kings Gospel Choir at the Wallbrook United Baptist Church,
• Gospel Concert – Elizabeth Deveau, 7 p.m., Bethany Memorial Baptist Church, Aldershot. Freewill offering. Fellowship time to follow.
• Christmas Recital - Aylesford United Church, 2414 Highway 1, Aylesford. 7 p.m. Performed by students of Pine Ridge Middle School. Freewill offering. Info: 765-7570
• Breakfast - Coldbrook Lions. All you can eat, 8-11 a.m. Adults, $5; children ages three to 12, $3; under two, free.
• Christmas Lights Walk - Valley Trekkers. Meet at Kentville parking lot across from county building (former train station), 5:30 p.m., walk begins at 6. Dress warmly, 10-kilometre walk. Prize for most “seasonally dressed.” Info: Beth Moore, 678-5609.
• Candlelight Service - Kentville Christian Reformed Church, Oakdene Avenue. 6:30 p.m. Refreshments served.