Kentville businessman David White of Bruce Wile Optical has been assisting the Kings Kikima Grannies by asking his customers to donate previously loved jewelry. Here he presents some donations to volunteer Betsy Baillie. - Wendy Elliott, www.kingscountynews.ca
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to email@example.com; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Canning Christmas Hamper Interviews – 7-9 p.m. Dec. 3 and 1-3 p.m. Dec. 5 at Canning Baptist Church (582-3227) and Centreville Baptist Church (678-1946). Applications for Canning, Centreville and Halls Harbour will be accepted.
• Wolfville and area Newcomers Club – meeting, 7 p.m., at the Wolfville Farmers’ Market Building. Speaker Valley Waste Resource Management
• Craft expo – At Hantsport School gym, 4-8 p.m. New vendors. To book tables, 684-4000 or 798-2794.
• The Forgotten Carols - 7 p.m. at Acadia’s University Hall. Tickets $15, $10 for seniors and children. Tickets are available at Box of Delights in Wolfville, Designer Cafe in Kentville, St. Joseph’s Church Office and at the door. Presented by the Stage Prophets
• Olde-fashioned Christmas - at Christ Church hall, Berwick. Delicious meal with entertainment. Advance tickets, Sheila, 538-0362
• Santa Breakfast – At Gaspereau Elementary, 9-11 a.m. Adults $5, kids $3 or families $15. Have a photo taken with Santa for $2, bake table available.
• Breakfast - Bethany Memorial Baptist Church, Aldershot Road. 8 to 10 a.m. Freewill offering.
• Lions Breakfast - Lockhartville Community Hall, Hutchinson Road. 7 to 10 a.m. $6 per person; children 6 to 12, $3; preschoolers free. Hantsport and District Lions Club.
• Christmas Coffee Party and Sale - Orchard Valley United Church, 130 Cornwallis Ave., New Minas. 10 a.m. to noon. Freewill offering.
• Ticket Auction - Annapolis Valley Cheer Club. Meadowview Community Centre, Brooklyn Street. Viewing 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Draw starts at 1.
• Christmas Tea and Sale - Kingston United Church, 733 Main St., 2 to 4 p.m. Sandwiches, fest vie sweets, bake table, crafts, preserves. Freewill offering.
• Christmas Tea and Sale - Wolfville Baptist Church, 2-4 p.m. Freewill offering.
• Yuletide Tea - Kings Historical Society, Kings County Museum, Kentville. 2 to 3:30 p.m. tea, scones, bake sale table. Freewill donation. Info: 678-6237 or okcm.ca
• Roast Beef Supper - at the Rebekah Hall, Berwick, 5 p.m. Advance tickets from Julie, 538-7762
• Christmas Bazaar - in the Windermere Community Hall 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mulled cider, variety of tables displaying crafts and gently used items. Free admission
• Craft Show - Northeast Kings Education Centre, Canning. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Admission $2 adults, $1 seniors, children free. Canteen, door prizes. Proceeds for band program. Info: 678-6505.
• Annual Angel Breakfast - First Cornwallis Baptist Church, Upper Canard, 9-10:30 a.m. 679-2951 to rsvp. Free community breakfast and entertainment.
• Kentville Legion Crib Tournament - registration 12:30 p.m. upstairs, play starts at 1 p.m. $20 per team.
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9:30 p.m., $6 per person, 19 and over. Music by Still Doin Time
• Woodville Christmas Craft Sale and Luncheon - 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Famous Fish Chowder, sandwiches, gingerbread, lots of local crafters
tickets on gingerbread creation, community bake table. Woodville Community Centre. Free admission
• Breakfast – New Minas Lions Club, 7:30-10:30 a.m., at the Louis Millet Community Centre. Adults $6, children $3.
• Christmas Tea – South Alton Baptist Church, 2-4 p.m. Freewill offering.
• Turkey Dinner and Supper - 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 to 4:30 p.m., Forties Community Centre, New Ross. Adults $12, 12 and under $6, under five $ 3. Part of the New Ross Christmas Festival. Info: 689-2000 or 689-2565
• Pancake Breakfast - Cambridge School, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Visit from special guest. Freewill offering in support of Kennedy family.
• Hymn Sing – Wolfville Ridge Baptist Church. 7 p.m. Fellowship and refreshments to follow. Freewill offering.
• Christmas House Tour - Kingston United Church. Tour of four homes. 6 to 10 p.m. Refreshments served at the church. Tickets: $10 at Kingson Pharmasave, or from Joanne Corey, 765-0105, or Loretta Piper, 765-6821.
• Church Service - Kingsport Emmanuel Church, 7 p.m., an evening of reflection of love, hope, joy and peace. A service to remember love ones and place a candle on the tree. Fellowship and refreshments in the vestry following service.
• Christmas Carol Sing – 7 p.m. at the Forest Hill Baptist Church.
• Dessert Tea and Ticket Auction - 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Waterville fire hall. Presented by 1st Berwick Pathfinders and Rangers (Girl Guides of Canada). Admission $5. Ticket auction - $1 for 10 tickets, draws at 8 p.m.
•Meeting - Valley Gardeners Club. Members only, Christmas social, 7:30 p.m. Kingstec Room 2101. Bring a favourite holiday finger food.
• Community Luncheon - Kingston Lions Hall, 1:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Chicken Supreme with all the fixings. $8 at the door; $8.50 delivered. Deliveries must be ordered by 10 a.m. at 765-2128.
• Christmas Coffee - Kentville & Area Women’s Connection Christmas Memories, 9:30 a.m., at the Berwick Lions Club Hall $8. Speaker Elaine Passey. Reservations: 678-0466 before Dec. 8
• The Best Christmas Pageant Ever - by Barbara Robinson, plays Saturday at 7p.m. and on Sunday 2 and 7 p.m. at the Port Williams United Baptist Church. Open to the public, freewill donation. Show appropriate for ages 5 and older.
• Kentvlle Legion Breakfast - 7:30-10 a.m., Adults $5, children 12 and under $3.
• All Saint’s Anglican Church Breakfast – 8-10 a.m. at the church hall, Pleasant Street, Kingston. $7.
• Breakfast - at the Aylesford United Church, 8-11a.m. Freewill offering.
• Breakfast – 8-10:30 a.m., at the Masonic Hall, Mill Street, Berwick. Adults $6, children $3. Now wheelchair accessible
• Kentville Legion Dance - 9:30 p.m. $6 per person 19 years and older. Music by Rte 12. New Years tickets available soon at the bar.
• Musical Gift - for the Upper Room Food Bank, at the Kingston Lions Hall, 2 p.m. Freewill offering at the door, silent auction, canteen, 50/50 and music by Sonlight, Hughie McDonnell, Gina Potvin and Left of Center. For more: 765-2128 or
• Breakfast with Santa – 8-11 a.m., Forties Community Centre. Adults $7, under 12 $4,
under 5 $3. Santa will be here.