Greenwich Fire Department members Evan Harvey and Richard McLean pitched in to help roll out a fundraising boot drive for the department on Sept. 21 at Exit 11 off Highway 101. - Nancy Kelly, www.kingscountynews.ca
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to email@example.com; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Harvest Supper - All Saints A.C.W. All Saints Church Hall, Pleasant Street, Kingston. 4:30 to 6 p.m. Adults $10. Family rates and take out available.
•Info Session - Reflexology and autism by Catherine Hiltz. Beveridge Arts Centre, Acadia University. 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Info: 375-3031 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Music Night - Gospel and roots music. L’Arche Community Hall, 341 Main St., Wolfville. 7 p.m. Music and sing-along, open to all. Admission by donation. Proceeds to L’Arche Homefires’ Building our Dream campaign.
• Barbecue Chicken Dinner - Wolfville Lions Club, Elm Street. 5 to 6:30 p.m. Tickets from members, Save Easy or at the door. $12 per person; $6 for children under 10. Take out available. Proceeds to Lions’ projects.
• Charity Barbecue – held by MacDonald Chisholm Trask, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Kentville Town Square, Jimmy Dogs, Bake sale and games. Proceeds to the I.W.K.
Sept. 27 and 28
• Vegetable Competition - Annapolis Valley Giant Vegetable Growers’ competition and weigh-off. Glad Gardens, 5108 Highway 1, Waterville. Sept. 27 pre-judging 7 to 9 p.m. Sept. 28, 9 a.m .to 2 p.m. canteen, barbecue, kids’ games, etc. Registration 9 to 10 a.m. Entry fee: $15 adults; free for children under 13.
• Jewelry Sale - Kings Kikama Grannies. Blomidon Nursery. 8:30 to 4 p.m. In support of Kenyan grandmothers raising orphaned grandchildren.
• Bake Sale and Ticket Auction - County Fair Mall and Greenwood Mall. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Annapolis Valley Chapter of Autism Nova Scotia fundraiser. Info: Leigh, email@example.com, or Judy, 765-8405 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ticket Auction and Fun Fair - Kingstec Campus Learning Centre fundraiser. Kentville Fire Hall. 10 a.m. to 1 pm.
• Benefit show - New Ross Legion, 1-4 p.m. Benefit for Milfie Kaiser. Freewill offering.
• Jam Session - Lake Paul/Lake George Community Centre, 7 p.m. Freewill offering. Info: 847-0922.
• Dance - Kentville Legion. 9:30 p.m. $6. 19 and over. Bar and kitchen available. Music by Appaloosa.
• Breakfast - Morden Community Hall, 8-10:30 a.m. Freewill offering. All proceeds for the hall.
• Church Breakfast - St. James' Anglican Church, Prospect Ave., Kentville, 8-10 a.m. Craft table on site. Minimum donation $6.
• Ticket Auction and Bake Sale – held by Safe Have Animal Rescue at Windemere Hall, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Follow the signs. Hotdog and Pop from 11a.m. to 1p.m with freewill offering.
Call Jane at 538-8618.
• Fall Auction/Open House – at White Rock Community Hall, viewing 6:30 p.m., auction at 7 p.m. Auctioneer Doug Crowell. New items and gift certificates. Canteen and bake table available. For more: 542-7936. Donations may be dropped off the morning of the auction.
• Pork Barbecue Supper – 4-6 p.m. at the Gaspereau Community Hall, $12 for adults. Proceeds for the Gaspereau United Baptist Church.
• Bake Sale - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Hall's Harbour Baptist Church, West Hall's Harbour Road. Home baking available for sale during Quilt Show and Sale at the church.
• Card Party - Canning Lions Hall, 45’s in senior’s room. Registration 1 p.m., games start at 1:30 p.m. Admission $2, prizes and refreshments, 50/50 tickets. Info: Gladys 678-2030 or Rose 582-7346
• Benefit Show - Kentville Legion. 1 to 4 p.m. Proceeds to David Hake. Freewill offering.
• Dart Registration - register for Sunday nightDarts at the Windermere Hall (team members and spares) beginning at 7:30 p.m.
• Benefit Hymn Sing - for Joey Johnstone and Michelle Ferguson, 7 p.m., at Forest Hill Baptist Church. Great cause, good music, fellowship and refreshments.
• Country Music Show - 2 p.m. at the Berwick Legion featuring Ruth Manning and Graham Moorehead ,with special guest Gordie Giles, $6 at the door.
• Workshop - Upper Vaughan Baptist Church, 81 Lakeview Crescent, Upper Vaughan. 6:30-9:30 p.m. $25 per person. For men, women and teens 14 plus. Pre-registration requested: 542-0471, cash payment at the door.
• Newcomers meeting - doors open 7 p.m., meeting 7:30 p.m., at the Wolfville Farmers’ Market building. Speakers Chris and David Sheppard. Meetings held the first Tuesday of every month, open to the public. www.wolfvillenewcomers.org
• Fit as a Fiddle - eight week fitness and education program for older adults at the Millville Community Hall, 659 Victoria Road, Aylesford. Bring a list of your medications. Pay as you go, $2. Info: Wendy-Lee, 542-0939
• Childcare Workshop - new workshop on finding quality childcare, featuring early childcare expert Lila Hope-Simpson, 6:30-8 p.m., at 8927 Commercial St., New Minas Registration required: 681-4769 or email email@example.com
• Meeting – of Kings County Wildlife Association, 7 p.m., Kingstec. Brian MacCullough, agriculture resources co-ordinator at the Kentville Research Centre, will talk about fur farming in Kings County.
• Cards - Millville Community Hall will be hosting Auction 45's every Thursday at 8 p.m. Cost is $2.
• Concert – featuring Southern Gospel artist Kevin Spencer, 7 p.m., at New Minas Baptist Church.
• Crib - Kentville Legion crib tournament registration 12:30 p.m., play starts at 1 p.m., upstairs. $20 per team.
• Family Fun Fair - 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Trinity United Church, Waterville. Games for children, yard sale, baked table, hot dogs. Luncheon freewill offering. Proceeds for the work of the congregation.
• Auction - at Melanson Community Hall, 7 p.m. Auctioneer Doug Crowell, canteen available. Proceeds for Wallbrook Baptist Church.
• Dance - at Kentville Legion, 9:30 p.m. $6 per person, 19 and over, bar and kitchen available. Music by Still Doin’ Time
• Rummage Sale/Flea Market - 9 a.m. to noon, St. Andrew’s Hall, Wolfville. Proceeds for Outreach, local and beyond. Contact Huganne Hennigar, 542-3314
• Cranberry Festival - 1:30 to 4:30 p.m., Aylesford Fire Hall. Cranberry grower displays, tea, baked goods, jams, chutneys, tasting table. Admission $5.
• Turkey Supper - at Aylesford United Church, 4:30-6:30 p.m. Freewill offering. Take-outs available, $10.
• Ticket Auction - Kentville Lions, doors open at 10 a.m., draws start at 2 p.m. Over 200 items, 50/50 and canteen available.
• Darts - Windermere Dart Club will begin its regular season of play in the hall. Games beginning at 7 p.m.
• Gospel Concert - 7 p.m., Cambridge Baptist Church. Featuring Matt Balsor and The Glorylanders. Freewill offering, fellowship and refreshments to follow.
• Benefit Show/Ticket Auction - at the Coldbrook Lions Hall for Kathy (Blenus) Oikle to help purchase wheelchair van. Tickets 20 for $1, 50/50 draw and bake sale. Auction viewing 11 a.m.-1 p.m., music 1-3:30 p.m., draws 3:30-5 p.m. Freewill offering, Donations: Kristeen, 902-365-2368.
• Performance - Stoney Hill Baptist Church, Lockhartville, 7 p.m. Guest South Wind, lunch to follow
• Run for the Cure - Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation, CIBC Run for the Cure 9:30 a.m. Acadia Athletic Complex. More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Hymn Sing - featuring "Band Together"
7 p.m. at Hall's Harbour Baptist Church, West Hall's Harbour Road. Fellowship to follow.
• Meeting - Tremont Community Cemetery Society business meeting, 7 p.m., in the Tremont Church Hall. All interested parties welcome.
• Choir Performance - Burlington Welsh Men's Choir, on tour from Ontario, 8 p.m., Wolfville Baptist Church. Guests of the North Mountain Chorus. Tickets $10 at the door, proceeds for charity.
• Oktoberfest Harvest Sale - 9 a.m.- 4 p.m., Forties Community Centre, New Ross. Local entertainment. Sponsored by Canadian Heritage 689-2612 or 689-2000.
• Roast Beef Luncheon - at the Kingston Lions Hall, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., $8 at the door or $8.50 delivered. Deliveries must be ordered by 10:30 a.m. on the 15th. (902)765-2128. For this month only, due to the provincial election, the noon
luncheon has been moved one week ahead.