Children's Wish Foundation representatives Betty Hebb, centre, and Millie Clements recently presented a wish to Hailey Kane of Coldbrook, left. Hailey's wish is to go to Disney World. Money raised by Children's Wish Foundation volunteers goes toward granting wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses. The foundation's biggest annual fundraiser is its Oct. 19 Wish Walk. Organizers of the local walk are looking for volunteers. To participate, contact Hebb at the Farmer's Family Diner in Millville or call Clements at 538-7343. This year's goal is to raise $10,000 to grant one wish. - Submitted
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Alpha Course – Church Hall, Tremont. Introduction to Christian faith. Dinner, movie and group discussion. Info: Ted or Gisele, 765-6284, email@example.com
• Benefit - Musical jam at Morristown Hall. Doors open at 6 p.m. Music at 7 p.m. Freewill offering. Proceeds to assist Derek MacDonald.
•Meeting - Kings Historical Society. 7:30 p.m. Speaker Andrew Clinch on “The History of the Beet.”
• Turkey Supper - Kingston United Church, 733 Main St., Kingston. 4:30 to 6 p.m. Local produce and turkeys. Adults, $12; children 12 and under, $6. Family rate available. Eat in or take out. Info: 765-0105.
• Harvest Supper - All Saints A.C.W. All Saints Church Hall, Pleasant Street, Kingston. 4:30 to 6 p.m. Adults $10. Family rates and take out available.
•Info Session - Reflexology and autism by Catherine Hiltz. Beveridge Arts Centre, Acadia University. 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Info: 375-3031 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Music Night - Gospel and roots music. L’Arche Community Hall, 341 Main St., Wolfville. 7 p.m. Music and sing-along, open to all. Admission by donation. Proceeds to L’Arche Homefires’ Building our Dream campaign.
• Barbecue Chicken Dinner - Wolfville Lions Club, Elm Street. 5 to 6:30 p.m. Tickets from members, Save Easy or at the door. $12 per person; $6 for children under 10. Take out available. Proceeds to Lions’ projects.
• Charity Barbecue – held by MacDonald Chisholm Trask, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Kentville Town Square, Jimmy Dogs, Bake sale and games. Proceeds to the I.W.K.
Sept. 27 and 28
• Vegetable Competition - Annapolis Valley Giant Vegetable Growers’ competition and weigh-off. Glad Gardens, 5108 Highway 1, Waterville. Sept. 27 pre-judging 7 to 9 p.m. Sept. 28, 9 a.m .to 2 p.m. canteen, barbecue, kids’ games, etc. Registration 9 to 10 a.m. Entry fee: $15 adults; free for children under 13.
• Jewelry Sale - Kings Kikama Grannies. Blomidon Nursery. 8:30 to 4 p.m. In support of Kenyan grandmothers raising orphaned grandchildren.
• Bake Sale and Ticket Auction - County Fair Mall and Greenwood Mall. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Annapolis Valley Chapter of Autism Nova Scotia fundraiser. Info: Leigh, email@example.com, or Judy, 765-8405 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ticket Auction and Fun Fair - Kingstec Campus Learning Centre fundraiser. Kentville Fire Hall. 10 a.m. to 1 pm.
• Benefit show - New Ross Legion, 1-4 p.m. Benefit for Milfie Kaiser. Freewill offering.
• Jam Session - Lake Paul/Lake George Community Centre, 7 p.m. Freewill offering. Info: 847-0922.
• Dance - Kentville Legion. 9:30 p.m. $6. 19 and over. Bar and kitchen available. Music by Appaloosa.
• Breakfast - Morden Community Hall, 8-10:30 a.m. Freewill offering. All proceeds for the hall.
• Church Breakfast - St. James' Anglican Church, Prospect Ave., Kentville, 8-10 a.m. Craft table on site. Minimum donation $6.
• Ticket Auction and Bake Sale – held by Safe Have Animal Rescue at Windemere Hall, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Follow the signs. Hotdog and Pop from 11a.m. to 1p.m with freewill offering.
Call Jane at 538-8618.
• Fall Auction/Open House – at White Rock Community Hall, viewing 6:30 p.m., auction at 7 p.m. Auctioneer Doug Crowell. New items and gift certificates. Canteen and bake table available. For more: 542-7936. Donations may be dropped off the morning of the auction.
• Pork Barbecue Supper – 4-6 p.m. at the Gaspereau Community Hall, $12 for adults. Proceeds for the Gaspereau United Baptist Church.
• Bake Sale - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Hall's Harbour Baptist Church, West Hall's Harbour Road. Home baking available for sale during Quilt Show and Sale at the church.
• Card Party - Canning Lions Hall, 45’s in senior’s room. Registration 1 p.m., games start at 1:30 p.m. Admission $2, prizes and refreshments, 50/50 tickets. Info: Gladys 678-2030 or Rose 582-7346
• Benefit Show - Kentville Legion. 1 to 4 p.m. Proceeds to David Hake. Freewill offering.
• Dart Registration - register for Sunday nightDarts at the Windermere Hall (team members and spares) beginning at 7:30 p.m.
• Benefit Hymn Sing - for Joey Johnstone and Michelle Ferguson, 7 p.m., at Forest Hill Baptist Church. Great cause, good music, fellowship and refreshments.
• Country Music Show - 2 p.m. at the Berwick Legion featuring Ruth Manning and Graham Moorehead ,with special guest Gordie Giles, $6 at the door.
• Workshop - Upper Vaughan Baptist Church, 81 Lakeview Crescent, Upper Vaughan. 6:30-9:30 p.m. $25 per person. For men, women and teens 14 plus. Pre-registration requested: 542-0471, cash payment at the door.
• Newcomers meeting - doors open 7 p.m., meeting 7:30 p.m., at the Wolfville Farmers’ Market building. Speakers Chris and David Sheppard. Meetings held the first Tuesday of every month, open to the public. www.wolfvillenewcomers.org
• Fit as a Fiddle - eight week fitness and education program for older adults at the Millville Community Hall, 659 Victoria Road, Aylesford. Bring a list of your medications. Pay as you go, $2. Info: Wendy-Lee, 542-0939
• Childcare Workshop - new workshop on finding quality childcare, featuring early childcare expert Lila Hope-Simpson, 6:30-8 p.m., at 8927 Commercial St., New Minas Registration required: 681-4769 or email email@example.com
• Meeting – of Kings County Wildlife Association, 7 p.m., Kingstec. Brian MacCullough, agriculture resources co-ordinator at the Kentville Research Centre, will talk about fur farming in Kings County.
• Concert – featuring Southern Gospel artist Kevin Spencer, 7 p.m., at New Minas Baptist Church.
• Crib - Kentville Legion crib tournament registration 12:30 p.m., play starts at 1 p.m., upstairs. $20 per team.
• Family Fun Fair - 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Trinity United Church, Waterville. Games for children, yard sale, baked table, hot dogs. Luncheon freewill offering. Proceeds for the work of the congregation.
• Auction - at Melanson Community Hall, 7 p.m. Auctioneer Doug Crowell, canteen available. Proceeds for Wallbrook Baptist Church.
• Dance - at Kentville Legion, 9:30 p.m. $6 per person, 19 and over, bar and kitchen available. Music by Still Doin’ Time
• Rummage Sale/Flea Market - 9 a.m. to noon, St. Andrew’s Hall, Wolfville. Proceeds for Outreach, local and beyond. Contact Huganne Hennigar, 542-3314
• Cranberry Festival - 1:30 to 4:30 p.m., Aylesford Fire Hall. Cranberry grower displays, tea, baked goods, jams, chutneys, tasting table. Admission $5.
• Turkey Supper - at Aylesford United Church, 4:30-6:30 p.m. Freewill offering. Take-outs available, $10.
• Ticket Auction - Kentville Lions, doors open at 10 a.m., draws start at 2 p.m. Over 200 items, 50/50 and canteen available.
• Darts - Windermere Dart Club will begin its regular season of play in the hall. Games beginning at 7 p.m.
•Gospel Concert - 7 p.m., Cambridge Baptist Church. Featuring Matt Balsor and The Glorylanders. Freewill offering, fellowship and refreshments to follow.
• Benefit Show/Ticket Auction - at the Coldbrook Lions Hall for Kathy (Blenus) Oikle to help purchase wheelchair van. Tickets 20 for $1, 50/50 draw and bake sale. Auction viewing 11 a.m.-1 p.m., music 1-3:30 p.m., draws 3:30-5 p.m. Freewill offering, Donations: Kristeen, 902-365-2368.
• Performance - Stoney Hill Baptist Church, Lockhartville, 7 p.m. Guest South Wind, lunch to follow