Jonathan Gillespie brought fresh peaches from his family's orchards in the Waterville area to the Wolfville Farmers' Market recently. - Wendy Elliott, www.Kingscountynews.ca
Events are for non-profit listings of events in Kings County. Items may run twice free before the event's date, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; faxed to 681-0923 or mailed to PO Box 430, Kentville, B4N 3X4, attn: Events, at least a week before the first issue in which it should appear. Twenty word maximum, please. There is no guarantee of publication; to ensure publication, please consider a paid ad by contacting our sales department, 681-2121.
• Turkey Luncheon - Kingston Lions Community dinner, 11:30 a.m to 1 p.m. $8 at the door; $8.50 for delivery (must order by 10:30 a.m.)
• Meeting - Kentville and Area Women’s Connection. 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Berwick Lions Hall, 250 Veterans Drive. Muffins and coffee, speaker and music. $8. Reservations and cancellations: Barbara, 678-0466, or Heather, 365-2296, before Sept. 7 .
• Meeting - Newly Tremont Cemeteries Committee public meeting. 7:30 p.m. Tremont Community Hall.
• Hobby Crafters - 9 a.m., at Orchard Valley United Church (formally St. Paul and St Stephen United Church), Kentville. Ladies of all ages are welcome to attend for a time of fellowship and sharing. For more: 678-7896 or 678-7961.
• Business workshop - 7 to 9 p.m. at the Lion’s Hall, Elm Avenue, Wolfville. Set up your LinkedIn profile, build network. If you can, bring a laptop, a headshot photo on your computer, resumé , two paragraphs about your experience and skills. Free to VWBN members and first-time guests, $5 for returning guests. Networking at 7 p.m. for a 7:30 start.
• Meeting – Annapolis Valley Decorative Artists. Greenwich Fire Hall. 7 p.m. All interested painters welcome.
• Flea Market - Christ Church Hall, Berwick. 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free admission. Canteen available.
• Fun Day - Inglisville Community Hall.
Yard sale, games, barbecue, jam session, numbered auction running concurrently. Donations welcome. Proceeds for hall upkeep.
• Open House - Valley Child Development’s new location . 11 Calkin Dr., Kentville. 1 to 4 p.m. Barbecue, bouncers and more.
• Chicken Barbecue - Centreville Baptist Church. 4:30 p.m. Adults $11; children $5; family of four $30. Take out available.
• Breakfast - Hantsport and District Lions Club. 7 to 10 a.m. $6 per person; children six to 12 $3; children under five free. Proceeds to Lions’ community work.
• Dance - Kentville Legion. 9:30 p.m. $6 per person 19 and over. Music by Route 12.
• Breakfast - Forest Hill Baptist Church, 10 a.m. to noon. $8 per serving. Proceeds for church purposes .
• Corn Boil and BBQ – Held by the Scott’s Bay Community Hall Association, 5 p.m. Corn $1/cob or 3 cobs for $2; hamburgers $3, hotdogs $1.50 and pop $1. Dessert auction in the hall. For more information call Jerry at 582-7489 or Hope at 582-3603. Proceeds for upkeep.
• Ticket Auction – held by the Scott’s Bay Women’s Institute at the Seaside Centre. Viewing at 3 p.m, draws begin at 6:30. 20 tickets for $1. For more, contact Gwen at 582-7178 Proceeds for the upkeep of the Seaside Centre.
• Benefit - Musical show and auction. Waterville and District Fire Hall. 1:30 p.m. Benefit for Larry Dunha. Freewill offering, draws, canteen, etc. Any donations appreciated.
Info: David Arenburg, 678-4803.
• Concert and Hymn Sing -
Bethany Memorial Baptist Church
Aldershot Road, Kentville, 7 p.m. Featuring The Dukes of Kent Barbershop Chorus. Freewill offering. Fellowship and refreshments to follow.
• Praise Service - 7 p.m., Kingston Baptist Church, featuring music by “Sonlight”. Refreshments following the service. Freewill offering.
• Hymn Sing – 7 p.m. at Wolfville Ridge Baptist, “The Singing Moms” from Chester. Freewill offering. Fellowship and refreshment to follow.
• Meeting – Apple Capital Museum, Berwick. 7 p.m.
• Community Lunch - at New Beginnings in Greenwood. Open to the community. Sponsored by the Open Hand.
• Wolfville Historical Society - meeting at 2 p.m. in Wolfville Town Council Chambers. The 2013 budget will be brought forward for approval. Guest Speaker Robin Bates on “advertising and the creation of heritage”
• Info Session - Reflexology and Autism Information session, presented by Catherine Hiltz, Kingston Elementary School, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Contact email@example.com
• Breakfast - at the Aylesford United Church 8 to 11 a.m. Freewill offering, sponsored by the Committee of Stewards.
• H.A.R.T. Pet Luck Dinner - 5 to 9 p.m., Berwick Fire Hall. Adults $15, Seniors $10. Acoustic live music by Dagmar. Cash bar, raffles, auction, jewelry sales. For information call 341-HART. All proceeds go to vetting rescues