• Music Therapy - for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, presented by the Annapolis Valley Chapter of Autism Nova Scotia, facilitated by Brenda Johnson of Sound Connections at the Kingston and District Elementary School, every Tuesday to March 5. Group 1 ages 4 to 11 from 4 to 5 p.m., group 2 ages 12 to 21 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Free. Parents are welcome but not required to stay. To register, contact Brenda Johnson at 692-1662 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ham Dinner - Aylesford Lion's fundraising dinner, at the Aylesford Lions Hall, Hwy 1, Auburn, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Freewill offering, takeout available. Proceeds to PRMS and St. Mary's Elementary. Scotiabank will match all funds raised at this great community event up to $5,000.
• Windsor Legion Dance - music by Split Decision. 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
• Kettlebell Training Clinic - 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., at the Louis Millett Community complex, New Minas. Pre- registration is required. Call 681-6577 or email email@example.com
• Dance - Valley Pride will host a Valentine's Sweetheart Dance, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., at the Middleton Lions Club, Hwy 10 Nictaux, $5 at the door. Cash Bar and all-request DJ. For more, David Acker at 902-825-3197 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Jewelry Sale – Will be held by the Kings Kikima Grannies. Help support grandmothers in Kenya who are raising their grandchildren, orphaned because of AIDS. Blomidon Nurseries, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Potluck and Blind Auction – hosted by Scott's Bay Community Hall Association, 5 p.m. Bring your favourite dish for the pot luck and a wrapped item for the auction. Proceeds for hall upkeep. Storm date Feb. 9. For more, call Jerry at 582-7489 or Hope at 582-3603.
• Breakfast - Bethany Memorial Baptist Church breakfast, 8 to 10 a.m., 539 Aldershot Road.
• New Minas & District Lions Breakfast - Millett Community Complex, New Minas. Adults $6, children $3. Proceeds go to Lion Projects.
• Eagle Watch 2013 Breakfast - Before embarking on a day of viewing the magnificent Bald Eagles, enjoy breakfast of pancakes and sausages, Sheffield Mills Community Centre, 96 Black Hole Rd. Proceeds to the maintenance of our historic schoolhouse and local charities. Adults $7, children $4
• Concert - of Christian Music featuring Elizabeth Deveau. Hall's Harbour Baptist Church, 885 West Hall's Harbour Rd., 7 p.m. Fellowship to follow.
• Hymn Sing - Stoney Hill Baptist Church, Lockhartville, 7 p.m. Special guest Make Mine Country. Lunch to follow.
• Scottish Country Dance Classes – eight-week introductory session, at the Wilmot Community Centre (Hwy 1 near Bayard Road). Classes are open to all; social dance style, no partner or previous experience is required. Classes 7 to 9 p.m. Fee is $5 per session or $30 for all eight classes.
• Meeting – of the Wolfville and area Newcomer’s Club, 7 p.m., Wolfville Farmers’ Market Building. Speakers Tom and Mary Cosman. All welcome. Visit www.wolfvillenewcomers.org to learn more
• Call to Remembrance – Will be held at Branch #98, Kingston, for students in grades 7, 8 and 9, beginning at 8 a.m. Public invited to attend. Storm date Feb. 8. www.kingstonlegion.com
• Roast beef dinner – at the Wolfville Lions’ Club, 5-7 p.m. Fundraiser for 1st Wolfville Scouts attending 2013 Canadian Jamboree. Tickets: $13 adults, $9 ages 10 and under. Eat-in or take-out. Buy a ticket or donate one to local food bank. Info: sites.google.com/site/wolfvillescouts. To buy tickets, call: 680-2693 or e-mail email@example.com
• Valentines Dance - Kentville Lions Club, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., River St. Kentville, $5 per person, must be 19 and over. Music by Bev. Proceeds help the Lions help others.
• Tea - Port Williams Women’s Institute 100th anniversary tea, Port Williams Community Centre,
2 to 4 p.m., $5 per person
• Benefit dance and auction - 6:30 to 11 pm. at the Michelin Club. Proceeds to Frank Webster. All donations welcome. For information, call John 365-2105 or 840-0811 or Donna 681-1386
• Afternoon Outdoors –Berwick Pathfinders and Rangers (Girl Guides of Canada) invite families to spend the afternoon outdoors, with games and fun at the Berwick town hall, 2-3:30 p.m. Part of Berwick’s Winter Carnival weekend. If it rains, cancelled.
• Benefit Breakfast - at the Burlington community hall, 8-11a.m. All proceeds go to Linda and Avery Mapplebeck of Victoria Harbour. Linda is recovering in Halifax due to car accident. For further info or to donate, contact Susan Daniels, 538-3441
• Valentine’s Dance – at Waterville & District Fire Department, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Door prizes include White Point Beach, Calisher’s and Driftwood Restaurants. Tickets $7.50 at 692-1691
• Variety Show - Forties Community Centre, 1787 Forties Rd. New Ross, 1:30-4:30 p.m. admission $5. Lots of local talent. Canteen available, for more information call 689-2612 or 689-2000
• Valley Gardeners Club Meeting - 7:30 p.m. in room 2101, Kingstec campus of NSCC, Kentville. Stan Kochanoff will speak on "Pruning, Planting and Tree Health Care," all are welcome.
• Pancakes - Girl Guides holding Shrove Tuesday pancake, ham and baked bean supper at the Waterville fire hall. Freewill offering, 4:30-6:30 p.m. Proceeds benefit Hardwood Lake Girl Guide Camp.
• Shrove Tuesday - Pancake Supper, 5-7 p.m. L'Arche building, 341 Main St., Wolfville. Adults $7, children under three eat free. The first child between three and 12 years $3, all additional children eat free.
• A.C.W. Supper - All Saints’ A.C.W. hosts an annual Shrove Tuesday Supper, 4:30-6 p.m. at the All Saints’ Church Hall, Pleasant Street, Kingston (turn west off Bridge Street). Ham, baked beans, scalloped potatoes, pancakes and gingerbread. $10 per plate. Family rates and take out available. Contact Sheila Hulford 765-4023
• Meeting - Cambridge United Baptist Church Cemetery Company’s annual meeting, 7 p.m., at the Cambridge Community Centre. All lot owners are urged to attend.
• Meeting - of the Annapolis Valley Decorative Artists, 7 p.m., at the Greenwich Fire Hall. Anyone interested in decorative art is welcome.
• St. Valentine Luncheon and Auction - by Augustine Church Guild at the Forties Community Centre. Doors open at 11:30 a.m., luncheon at noon. Adults $, children $3, preschoolers free. Storm date Feb. 15.
• Good Neighbour Club Breakfast - at the Centreville Community Hall, 7-10:30 a.m. Freewill offering. Everyone welcomed.
• Coldbrook Lions Breakfast - all you can eat, freewill offering. For information, call Marsha 692-0579
• Dance - Coldbrook Lions Dance, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., $6 per person. Music by Rte 12. For more information, call 538-8050
• Roast Beef Supper - Forties Community Centre, 1787 Forties Rd., New Ross. Adults $11, children five to 12 $5.50, under five $2.50, 4:30-6 p.m. For information, call 689-2000 or 689-2312
• Turkey Farmers of Nova Scotia - annual meeting 8 a.m. at the Old Orchard Inn Greenwich. Dinner banquet with chicken producers following the morning session. Pre-register with the board office before Feb. 8.